Kirksville Aiport to Install New Runway Lights
November 15, 2013
  • Share
  • The Kirksville Regional Airport has accepted a bid from Strukel Electric, Inc. to install new LED taxiway lights for the runway.  Airport Director Glenn Balliew recommended the bid to the city council and if approved, it will be submitted to MoDOT for final approval.

    The price tag of $552,076 includes runway and taxiway lights, new wind sock with lights and a new rotating beacon.  The improvements coincide with Cape Air’s passenger numbers rising 3 percent from last year and future bookings have increased 13 percent.

    According to a Missouri Statewide Airport Economic Impact Study, the Kirksville Regional Airport supports $1,816,776 in area salaries, not including the $212,000 spent on employing airport staff. The study also concluded the airport has an economic impact on the area of more than $6 million.

    The project will be funded by MoDOT at 95 percent or $524,472.91, with the remaining 5 percent or $27,604 coming from the City’s Airport Fund infrastructure.